Epilepsy Support Group

Saturday, Nov 17th

Last update07:06:56 AM GMT

Home Your Age On Your Page The Latest Research

Your Age On Your Page The Latest Research

  • PDF
Indian Express
16 October 2010

Your Age On Your Page The Latest Research
below zero Infertility more common in women with epilepsy WOMEN with epilepsy may have a higherthan–average risk of fertility problems, particularly those on multiple anti–seizure drugs. Researchers found that among 375 women with epilepsy trying to become pregnant, 62 per cent suc cessfully conceived, usually within two years. The rest, 38 per cent, remained infertile for an average of three years.

Of women on one medication, 32 per cent failed to conceive during the study period. That figure was 41 per cent among women on two epilepsy drugs, and 60 per cent among those on three or more drugs. Only 7 per cent of those not taking any anti–seizure medication failed to conceive, the researchers from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute in Trivandrum, reported in Neurology.

Disclaimer: The news story on this page is the copyright of the cited publication. This has been reproduced here for visitors to review, comment on and discuss. This is in keeping with the principle of ‘Fair dealing’ or ‘Fair use’. Visitors may click on the publication name, in the news story, to visit the original article as it appears on the publication’s website.

Suggestions?

This is YOUR sites, so if you have suggestions or feedback on how we can improve it for you, please let us know! We do our best to keep up!

Make a Suggestion
Manthan Award

Link To Life

NASSCOM Award
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS